Sunday, February 07, 2010

1 Race Down, 9 to Go

I braved the elements this morning for a run in Central Park (http://www.nyrr.org/races/2010/r0207x00.asp). By "elements" I mean weather so cold, my thoughts were frozen inside my brain. 'Twas six degrees with the wind chill. Emperor penguins would have suffered.

I wore six layers on my torso, one for each degree, and shorts beneath my sweatpants. It was so unbearable that I didn't remove any layer for the entire run.

My sister joined me for the race, though I didn't meet up with her until afterwards. She ran an impressive 9:17 Per mile, I did 9:05, taking it easy because my joints were frostbitten.

Good run, hope the rest this year are slightly warmer.

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Baal Habos said...

You do the polar bear club too? Mamesh meshiga. But whatever floats your boat!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Me said...

I have Israeli blood in my veins, not Russky. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home