Thursday, February 01, 2024

Announcing This Haggadah is the Way: A Star Wars Unofficial Passover Parody!

 

Hello there!

A quarter-score years ago, I created The Emoji Haggadah.
IV years ago, I produced The Festivus Haggadah.
ד years ago, I generated The Coronavirus Haggadah.
√4 years ago, I wrought The Shakespeare Haggadah.
This year, I bring you This Haggadah is the Way: A Star Wars Unofficial Passover Parody.

I've got a good feeling about this.

Know what else I have a good feeling about? My haggadah book talk/launch at the YU Seforim Sale on Sunday, February 25th, at 12 PM. Believe you me, in touch with details I will be.

I've spent a year and half all over the book talk/zoom talk/podcast map bringing Zaidy's War (Currently on an 8-week serialized run in Der Yid, translated back to Yiddish in a Q&A format) to the public in shuls/schools/JCCs/institutions/cyberspace (Up next: libraries all over NJ), and my haggadot want a turn. Reach out to MartinBodekBooks@gmail.com if you'd like to bring me in.

As for my new haggadah, I had already seen the original trilogy exactly 137 times, and the rest of the films at least 26 times each, so I was well versed with the entire mythos. I then shoehorned, crammed, wedged, jimmied, wrangled, and squished every quote, scene, legend, storyline, character, meme and plot into the haggadah text that I could, and voila! A final product. Now you know I like the end result, but don't take my word for it. Here's what Publishers Wookliee had to say:

""GRRRRW HHHHWWWRRGGA WWWWWWRR!!!"

That's quite the endorsement, don't you think? But wait, there's more! This is what the Gungan Review of Books said:

"Dis book is muy hot, un Mesa berry recommend it."

Now if that joke didn't go over your head, then this book is totally for you. If it *did* go over your head, then this book is perfect for that lovable nerd in your life who'd appreciate this kind of thing.

In either case, come on down and see me on the 25th. We haven't seen each other in a while, and I'd love to catch up a bit. Oh, and if you have ideas for my next haggadah, let me know what those are, because as of right now, I'm fresh out.

Speaking of which, a big thanks to Dave Cowen for allowing me to catch up to him on the Most Haggadot Ever Published leaderboard, before he inevitably pulls ahead. This is why I'm asking you for ideas.

Happy early Passover! Way early! Oh man, I have to order matzah...

May the Schwartz be with you.

-Martin (Mordechi) Bodek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home