Tuesday, March 13, 2007

This Will be a Day Long Remembered...

Sunday was one of those days that a) Never seemed to end, and b) was filled with myriad activity. The breakdown:

1:45AM-5:00AM: I monitored my systems at work remotely from home to ensure that all the DST patching my team and I did went into effect. I had to pay lots of attention to detail or there'd be serious trouble. Everything seemed to be in order so I called it a "night" at daybreak.

9:30AM-11:00AM: My wife and I, as well as most of our entire community, attended the funeral of the person I've been learning for. This was the youngest person's funeral I've ever attended and it was devastating. All I could think about was his young daughter, my daughter's age, and the horror of it all, and her future emotions in relation to her loss.

11:15AM-2:00PM: The DST patching wasn't 100% perfect, so I spent the time investigating the points of failure. Only some users were negatively affected, so there'll be minimal impact at work tomorrow.

2:00PM-5:00PM: Began building the IKEA wardrobe in my bedroom.

5:00PM: My folks came over for a pit-stop visit on the way to a simcha.

5:15PM-5:25PM: Scooted over to my neighbor's house for some pick-me up floor hockey with his kids. I needed it, I haven't played actual hockey in a while.

5:30PM: Wished my folks au revoir:

5:30PM-8:00PM: Continued building the wardrobe.

8:00PM: Verge of collapse.

8:00PM-10:00PM: Did the dishes, took out the trash, cleaned up the house, shlepped bags up from the car, did some of my daf, ate dinner.

10:00PM: Collapse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home