Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Finding, and Thanking, the Family of the Man Who Saved My Grandfather’s Life, 76 Years Ago

Shana tovah!

As my grandfather's 7th yahrzeit approaches, and as I make feverish progress in writing the book of his extraordinary life, I am delighted to present to you my side-project to find the man who saved his life in WW2.
Thank you,
AJ Jacobs
for inspiring my search in the first place. Thank you,
Binyamin L. Jolkovsky
at
Jewish World Review
for your deep interest in the story.

Finding, and Thanking, the Family of the Man Who Saved My Grandfather’s Life, 76 Years Ago
or, Finding Yerucham

By Martin Bodek

I found him. I found the man who saved my grandfather’s life during World War II. I went looking for him, to thank him, and I found him.

Unfortunately, I also found that he passed away 5 years ago, at the age of 100.

But I was never under the illusion that I would find him alive. In that event, I had to find one of his children, and thank that person.

I found him too, and I thanked him, on behalf of my family, for our blessings, and for our very existence.

Let’s back up a little.


-Martin (Mordechi) Bodek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home